We believe no widow should be denied the right to liberty and the right to succeed. That’s why we initiated the Felix King Foundation to provide the much-needed help for disadvantaged widows and their families in Nigeria and Africa at large.
We build partnership with stakeholders, widow groups and individuals everywhere we have our footprints to ensure effectiveness in our campaigns and works; to find a lasting solution to the challenges faced by widows and provide ideas on how together with the communities widows’ maltreatment can be abolished, so that tomorrow becomes a better world for us than we met it.
Across communities we operate, we’re driven by the commitment we owe to God despite the huge challenges. Whether it’s creating economic opportunity by providing business start-up grant and skill acquisition for disadvantaged widows, providing educational enhancement scholarships for children of widows, increasing opportunities for widows through Widows in Farming aid program ( WIFARM AID ), Medical support for children or championing the campaign in communities on the importance to abolish Widows Maltreatment to enhance community growth, we get our satisfaction by the successes we achieve through these efforts: making the world better for widows and that of their children.
What started as just an effort by one man – Felix King, with the support of his wife Aderonke, to help one widow who’s story was so heart melting grew into a foundation, committed to help the disadvantaged widows, whilst seeking public collaboration to abolish the obnoxious prejudice against widows: widows should have a sweet end stories.
The Foundation is inspired and propelled by message of love, faith, and hope as propagated by the life and teachings of Our Lord Jesus Christ.
Funding by the Felix King foundation has been solely provided by Felix King through contributions done by his companies (Oracle Experience and Mabisco). From July 2017, the foundation decided to open an online volunteers and activist network that will offer flexible action opportunities for people to participate and improve the lives of widows and children through donations and advocacy.
Our Operations Module
- Felix King Foundation is an operating foundation and does not give grant to other charitable organizations.
- Funds are spent directly on projects that will better the lives of disadvantaged widows and that of their children
- These programs are; widows in farming (WIFARM) grant, skill acquisition and business start-up grant, Educational scholarships, social welfare (Housing & food), medical support.
- Let’s do this together
- Together we achieve more
- Together with the communities, we can abolish widows maltreatment.
- Challenges of widowhood is a collective responsibility.
- Every woman deserves the right to liberty and the right to succeed. It is in us to make the change